Skip to main content

One step at a time

I love action movies. I love the thought of heroes and doing good for people who need help. That's probably why I watch a lot of movies. Some of my favourite movies - are the ones with the "Avengers" in them.


Of course, "Tony Stark" (played by the gorgeous Robert Downey Jr) is my favourite. Because Robert DJ is my favourite. He can do no wrong in my eyes. He's wonderful.


Anyway, I'm losing track here.


What I wanted to say is that something that struck me was something 'the Hulk' said in one of their movies. He said to someone "want to know my secret of being the Hulk?" they obviously said 'yes' so he answered "I'm always angry".


At the time, I thought "that can't be right - because then he'd always be the Hulk and we'd never see Mark Garrufalo (sp?) in his lovely human form".


But now I get it. He lives in a constant state of anger. It just changes levels, but it's always there - simmering away under the surface.


I get it now because I live in a constant state of fear and self loathing. I hate myself so much and that never goes away - it's always there, bubbling under the surface. I am constantly scared, constantly anxious and constantly ready to beat myself up.


...and this is where suicidal tendencies come into it.


When I'm in a high state of anxiety and depression - any little thing can set me off on a very dark and dangerous pathway.


And that's where I am now.


This last weekend with my parents has really pushed me over the edge and I'm on high alert all the time.


Let me tell you, it's exhausting. In every possible way.


Obviously I haven't killed myself yet - but it's there. The thoughts and plans are always there.


So this week - starting from today, I'm going to do the best I can to get through it - one tiny step at a time. I'm in work now, so will concentrate on work. Then I'll go home. Then I'll go to the gym, then I'll relax in the garden. Then I'll gratefully go to sleep.


And repeat.


But I want you to know it's not easy. It's painful in every way a painful thing can be.


I feel as if I'm crawling on my hands and knees on the sharp edge of a huge knife. It hurts so much to move forward but I'm forcing myself to do it.


One step at a time...one foot in front of the other...until  I feel stronger and better.


Pray for me xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m

and then, we move on...

Sometimes moving on can be so hard. I remember last year when I got "released" from hospital. The fear of leaving that safe trauma ward was awful. I hated thinking "oh God...now I'll be on my own and I still cant walk"...but you know what? we move on. We move on from petty fights with friends, from stupid family things, from broken hearts and crap days and we hope for better things. Im blessed because I'm experiencing those 'better things' right now, actually. Think about it, Im at work (so Im thankful for a job), I have the world's most amazing people as my friends (seriously, all my friends are worth their weight in gold) I have a safe home, lots of food and money... and I have an amazing boyfriend. Alun met up with me yesterday at the Royal on a sunny, warm Perth day. He had something in a huge shopping bag and held it out to me with an excited grin "OMG Janet - open it, you're gonna LOVE it!" and the smile on his face r

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although