Skip to main content

One step at a time

I love action movies. I love the thought of heroes and doing good for people who need help. That's probably why I watch a lot of movies. Some of my favourite movies - are the ones with the "Avengers" in them.


Of course, "Tony Stark" (played by the gorgeous Robert Downey Jr) is my favourite. Because Robert DJ is my favourite. He can do no wrong in my eyes. He's wonderful.


Anyway, I'm losing track here.


What I wanted to say is that something that struck me was something 'the Hulk' said in one of their movies. He said to someone "want to know my secret of being the Hulk?" they obviously said 'yes' so he answered "I'm always angry".


At the time, I thought "that can't be right - because then he'd always be the Hulk and we'd never see Mark Garrufalo (sp?) in his lovely human form".


But now I get it. He lives in a constant state of anger. It just changes levels, but it's always there - simmering away under the surface.


I get it now because I live in a constant state of fear and self loathing. I hate myself so much and that never goes away - it's always there, bubbling under the surface. I am constantly scared, constantly anxious and constantly ready to beat myself up.


...and this is where suicidal tendencies come into it.


When I'm in a high state of anxiety and depression - any little thing can set me off on a very dark and dangerous pathway.


And that's where I am now.


This last weekend with my parents has really pushed me over the edge and I'm on high alert all the time.


Let me tell you, it's exhausting. In every possible way.


Obviously I haven't killed myself yet - but it's there. The thoughts and plans are always there.


So this week - starting from today, I'm going to do the best I can to get through it - one tiny step at a time. I'm in work now, so will concentrate on work. Then I'll go home. Then I'll go to the gym, then I'll relax in the garden. Then I'll gratefully go to sleep.


And repeat.


But I want you to know it's not easy. It's painful in every way a painful thing can be.


I feel as if I'm crawling on my hands and knees on the sharp edge of a huge knife. It hurts so much to move forward but I'm forcing myself to do it.


One step at a time...one foot in front of the other...until  I feel stronger and better.


Pray for me xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

Closing this blog and starting a new one, guys :)

This site is too old! I'm struggling to use it so I've created a brand new blog on "WordPress". here's the new link: https://wordpress.com/view/janetvdepression.wordpress.com So far, it's just a collection of my favourite blogs from THIS site transferred to it's new home...but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding new posts daily I think? Thank you for reading along with me all these years, you mean the world to me. Love you guys xx ps. If the blog link doesn't work, please email me at janethill0505@gmail.com so I don't lose your readership. Big hugs xx

The time Aliens were meant to show up

 There I was, sitting on a bus heading around the city. We have free buses that each do a long loop around the city - they're called "Cat" buses for some reason and I love catching them because I can cruise around Perth's prettiest places in air-conditioned comfort.  So good. Anyway. I was on the bus daydreaming away, when a guy in ragged (but clean) clothing came and sat next to me. We rode along in silence for a few moments before he leaned in  and whispered "Aliens are going to come and get me in 3 bus stops from now" Are they?  Wow! That's awesome! (I didn't question this for a second because I still look for care bears in the clouds on every single plane trip I go on). So...I excitedly waited. 2 bus stops went by. One to go. Were they going to beam him up like in an 80's style Sci Fi? Was he going to turn into sparkly particles like people did in Star Trek? Were Aliens going to suspend time and space and while we were all 'frozen' an...