Skip to main content

to his grave

It's been 2 years since my brother acknowledged my existence.

That is enough to break my heart.

What REPEATEDLY breaks it is that my parents are OK with my brother's treatment of me.

HOW IS THIS OKAY?!?

I currently have a blood clot on my lung and if it was to move and get into my blood system, I would die from it.

Dad called my brother to tell him the 'news' of this and asked Jay to ring me.

Jay did not.

And everyone is okay with this.

Except Alun and I. Alun is outraged Jay could be so callous and uncaring. I'm outraged that Jay could be so selfish because I know if roles were reversed, I would call him instantly.

I have a 1 and a half year old nephew I have never met.

I'm fairly sure I will NEVER meet him.

Because Jay will take this grudge he holds against me to his grave. I know it. He would rather be DEAD than to make peace with me. Literally.

I've apologised so many times that I've lost count.

I saw Mom yesterday (Dad sent me to her house to 'check' Mom was okay as she hadn't answered her phone in two days). It was all going so well until Mom asked if I'd recently apologised to my brother.

"Have you tried saying sorry again?"

Err have you tried understanding that Jay is a SHIT and I've done the best I can?

Have you thought about asking HIM about HIS behavior, Mom?

Because I know if I even attempted to do the same thing to Jay - you would have lost your mind the very second I attempted it. Mom and Dad would have plied me with "this is your family" sermons, texts and phone-calls. My parents would have both cut me out of the family UNTIL I spoke to Jay again.

But because the little golden one has decreed it so, no one is challenging him.

Mom and Dad are scared to be extradited the same way I have been, so they politely brush Jay's ridiculous behaviour under the carpet.

"Nothing to see here"

It breaks my heart and it makes me sick.

I've decided I'm NOT going to apologise again. I've done it enough.

If Jay wants to take this to his grave, then I'm done trying to make him change his mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m...