Skip to main content

to his grave

It's been 2 years since my brother acknowledged my existence.

That is enough to break my heart.

What REPEATEDLY breaks it is that my parents are OK with my brother's treatment of me.

HOW IS THIS OKAY?!?

I currently have a blood clot on my lung and if it was to move and get into my blood system, I would die from it.

Dad called my brother to tell him the 'news' of this and asked Jay to ring me.

Jay did not.

And everyone is okay with this.

Except Alun and I. Alun is outraged Jay could be so callous and uncaring. I'm outraged that Jay could be so selfish because I know if roles were reversed, I would call him instantly.

I have a 1 and a half year old nephew I have never met.

I'm fairly sure I will NEVER meet him.

Because Jay will take this grudge he holds against me to his grave. I know it. He would rather be DEAD than to make peace with me. Literally.

I've apologised so many times that I've lost count.

I saw Mom yesterday (Dad sent me to her house to 'check' Mom was okay as she hadn't answered her phone in two days). It was all going so well until Mom asked if I'd recently apologised to my brother.

"Have you tried saying sorry again?"

Err have you tried understanding that Jay is a SHIT and I've done the best I can?

Have you thought about asking HIM about HIS behavior, Mom?

Because I know if I even attempted to do the same thing to Jay - you would have lost your mind the very second I attempted it. Mom and Dad would have plied me with "this is your family" sermons, texts and phone-calls. My parents would have both cut me out of the family UNTIL I spoke to Jay again.

But because the little golden one has decreed it so, no one is challenging him.

Mom and Dad are scared to be extradited the same way I have been, so they politely brush Jay's ridiculous behaviour under the carpet.

"Nothing to see here"

It breaks my heart and it makes me sick.

I've decided I'm NOT going to apologise again. I've done it enough.

If Jay wants to take this to his grave, then I'm done trying to make him change his mind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m

and then, we move on...

Sometimes moving on can be so hard. I remember last year when I got "released" from hospital. The fear of leaving that safe trauma ward was awful. I hated thinking "oh God...now I'll be on my own and I still cant walk"...but you know what? we move on. We move on from petty fights with friends, from stupid family things, from broken hearts and crap days and we hope for better things. Im blessed because I'm experiencing those 'better things' right now, actually. Think about it, Im at work (so Im thankful for a job), I have the world's most amazing people as my friends (seriously, all my friends are worth their weight in gold) I have a safe home, lots of food and money... and I have an amazing boyfriend. Alun met up with me yesterday at the Royal on a sunny, warm Perth day. He had something in a huge shopping bag and held it out to me with an excited grin "OMG Janet - open it, you're gonna LOVE it!" and the smile on his face r

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although