Skip to main content

Alun and I get married - BEST DAY OF MY LIFE (Part 5)

I didnt take pictures of it (and I regret it), but Caris, Jess and I caught a cute little cream coloured "London Cabbie" to the wedding. It was gorgeous.

We got out on the opposite side of St George's Terrace to the one we needed and walked etherially through the city about 15 minutes to the beautiful White and Silver Lobby of "Westralia Square". The Wedding Registry Office was on level 10. I think I floated the whole way there, gently holding my bouquet in front of me.

I'd prayed for weeks leading up to the wedding that God would soften my heart and that I would be able to cry happy tears at my wedding. I knew Alun would be in tears, he's very sensitive. That's one of the MANY things I love about him. I didnt want Alun to be crying and me to be a stoic, 'cold' bride beside him and God answered my prayers. I walked into the Wedding Ceremony on my Dad's arm. The moment I saw Alun (face streaming with tears) I burst into happy tears, too. Thank you, Lord God.

My first thought was "Alun looks so handsome. I love him so much" and everything else was blurry - I only saw Alun. I remember we both cried. I've never felt so happy. When we sat down to sign our Marriage Certificate papers, Alun said something stupid to put me at ease and I got the giggles and couldn't stop. Happiness was bubbling up inside me and I couldn't control it. We signed our papers and Gracie and Troy were our witnesses. We had invited about 20 people to our Wedding Ceremony and it was so lovely having the people we loved around us. I only wish we could have invited more but it only seated 20 in the room. We stood to say our vows and Alun cried again, which made me cry. Saying the vows just melted my heart. I meant them with every fibre of my body. I really love Alun. I'm so excited to be his wife.

Here are some of my favourite pics of the Wedding Ceremony:












My FAVOURITE Wedding Photo:


After our beautiful Wedding Ceremony, everyone dispersed. There was a 2.5 hour gap between the ceremony and reception, so Alun and I invited whoever wanted to - to come down to the Perth Foreshore with us - we were "going for a pint" at the Lucky Shag Bar, but we were both disappointed to find that only Kelly, Nikita, Caris, Jess, Dad, MG, Troy and Fraser came with us. Gracie bailed immediately - saying her heels were hurting her feet and she 'didn't want to walk that far'. I'm pretty upset about that because the bar she and Amy went to was twice the distance away - it would have been 'nicer on her feet' to come with us. Gracie does this to me EVERY SINGLE TIME. Why do I keep going back to her?

Anyway, I wont dwell on it. I guess the people that mattered most were with us. Maybe the other guests thought they would intrude or that only the Bridal party was going? I dont know. Anyway, Al and I sat with the people we loved and enjoyed a happy pint together.



Fraser -our awesome photographer - took Al and I out to the foreshore and took some really beautiful photos.

Here's a few of them:





Before we knew it, it was time to head out to the Reception. We jumped onto the free "Blue Cat" bus (Nikita took some lovely pics of all of us on the bus, haha!) and headed back to our Hotel room to quickly freshen up (I changed shoes and put flat ones on and Sarita re-did my quickly fading makeup for me) and I think that was one of my favourite moments - just hanging out with our friends in our awesome hotel room.

We then arrived at Reception. The Etro Bar looked AMAZING (Thank you, Ash - I'll write more about this later) and everyone we loved was there. I was so happy and it was wonderful to embrace the people we each adored and thought the world of. Again, we wanted to invite more guests, but it turned out pretty perfect wiht 60 or so, because we knew and loved each of them with all our hearts. I loved looking around at the bar area - our own private rooftop bar for the night (woo!) - and thinking "there isn't anyone here that Al and I dont know and love deeply". It was wonderful.

We ate amazing platters, had great drinks and danced and laughed with the people we love most in the world. Alun gave a beautiful speech. Troy (our best man and Alun's best friend) had a speech written out. He'd worked for weeks on it, including some jokes and funny stories from the past but when he realised everyone was looking at him at the reception, I saw him unfold his notes...his hand shook. Troy ended up saying something like "I've known Alun and Janet a while now...and a saying I've read applies to them...it's not who you can live with, it's who you can't live without that you should marry. Um...yeah. Thank you" and he folded up his notes and put them back in his pocket while giving Alun a shy smile. We're both so proud of him.

By about 10:30pm I started struggling. My cold/flu was back in full force and I was exhausted. Jess and Broxon helped me tidy away most of the wedding things into my pink suitcase. There were about 30 cupcakes left over on the "Bridal table". Didn't everyone take one with them when they left? I had imagined for weeks - guests we loved going home with yummy cupcakes for a late night snack...and now there were so many left over :( Caris and Broxon took them home with them and had big grins on their faces. Jess helped me walk back to our Hotel room and I was grateful to be back in the quiet. We'd had a wonderful night (I left Alun there - he was having so much fun) but I had officially had enough. Caris came back - toting a few more wedding items with her and the girls who had been my faithful friends and awesome bridesmaids hugged me and left. The minute the hotel room door closed, I could exhale and felt all the tension and stress leave my shoulders. Just happiness and tiredness remained.

I took one last picture of myself before I got ready for bed:


Oh my word. I look pretty knackered in this pic, don't I? I showed it to Mom when we were in Bali on our "familymoon" and she said I looked like an abandoned child. Haha.

I took out my beautiful hair extensions, brushed my hair and teeth and put my nightgown on. Even though I missed Alun, it was nice to just sit in the suite - in the silence.

Ahh.

It wasn't long until I could hear Alun singing outside the Suite's door. He hugged me tight when I let him in and said "Everyone! This is my wife! Aooooo!"

Bless him.

Al didn't even take his wedding suit off. He flopped onto the incredibly comfortable Suite bed and was asleep in moments with a smile on his gorgeous face. I took his shoes off, smiled and rolled my eyes at my new husband and tucked myself around him as I fell asleep, too.

Honestly, it was the best day ever :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m

and then, we move on...

Sometimes moving on can be so hard. I remember last year when I got "released" from hospital. The fear of leaving that safe trauma ward was awful. I hated thinking "oh God...now I'll be on my own and I still cant walk"...but you know what? we move on. We move on from petty fights with friends, from stupid family things, from broken hearts and crap days and we hope for better things. Im blessed because I'm experiencing those 'better things' right now, actually. Think about it, Im at work (so Im thankful for a job), I have the world's most amazing people as my friends (seriously, all my friends are worth their weight in gold) I have a safe home, lots of food and money... and I have an amazing boyfriend. Alun met up with me yesterday at the Royal on a sunny, warm Perth day. He had something in a huge shopping bag and held it out to me with an excited grin "OMG Janet - open it, you're gonna LOVE it!" and the smile on his face r

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although