Skip to main content

Trying

Right.

So I go on a 20 minute walk EVERY DAY because EVERYONE says exercise is important.

I listen to my friends, look after Alun and water the garden every day because EVERYONE says it's important to care for something other than myself.

I try hard to cut back on salty/sugary/fatty foods and I'm pretty rubbish at it but every day, I try.

I take my stupid anti-depressants every day.

The hospital sends me on random psych/GP appointments every few days and each time it's with a NEW PERSON so I have to start from square one again and again and again.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Janet. I'm 42...yes, I've been suffering with suicidal ideation just lately and could really use some help"

That psych nods and goes through my very thin file. It's thin because PSYCHS KEEP LOSING IT and having to start over again.

THIS INFURIATES ME.

I go to my GP appointments and pay a FORTUNE each time to get ignored.

I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW THAT I'M SHAKING.

WHY IS IT UP TO ME TO KEEP CHASING PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE AND REMINDING THEM HOW TO HELP ME?

Today I tried a new psychologist of my OWN choosing. Actually not my own, this psych was highly recommended by my new GP - I FINALLY found one I like (Thank you, Lord).

When she mentioned "tapping" (touching 'main points' of your body) which would "completely heal me of depression" she lost me. I can't bring my problems to you, you're nuttier than I am.

I obviously can't go back to "George" so it's up to ME to keep looking. To keep searching. TO KEEP GOING when every fibre of my being just wants to quit.

Why is it that the person who hates me most is the one responsible for my well being?

WHY?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...