Skip to main content

My prayer to God xx

Father God, Its been awhile.

I have you on my heart and in my life but I havent talked to you lately because I feel so far from you. Im having so much fun these days...that Im scared if I DO talk to you, you'll tell me to "stop" and right now, I dont want to. Im having a great time, God. I imagine you as a parent at a day's end calling their little ones in from playing...and Im having too much fun playing right now and want to plead "just 5 more minutes, Dad? ok?"

I love you, Lord God. You know that, right?

I find it hard to pray right now. I close my eyes and try to talk to you, but nothing happens. I get distracted by the wind, the rain, the sunshine, the voices of people walking past outside...anything and everything seems louder right now than your gentle and quiet voice...so I thought I'd blog instead...and hope you are online right now. (Do you even USE a computer, God? I bet you do. I bet it's an apple and I bet your ipod songlist is AMAZING).

I wanted to thank you, God.

I wanted to thank you:

* for being there...especially nowadays when I totally dont deserve it
* for watching over me on my crazy-ass dates. I read/hear about these women that have been raped, abused and hurt and killed and yet every single one of my dates has been safe, fun (even if a little weird or monotonous at times) and really interesting. Im learning more now about boys than I ever would have. This is awesome.
* for keeping me warm. Its so cold and dark and wet outside and yet I am warm, dry and safe at Mom's house. Thank you so much.
* for my family. They are NUTS and they drive me crazy, but I love them and I think they love me too - and for that Im really grateful
* for my INCREDIBLE friends. Everytime even ONE of them comes to mind, I am bowled over by how amazing they are. Friends are the family you choose for yourself and I have chosen the BEST of the BEST. Seriously.
* for Brenna's and Adam's emails this week. They were nectar from heaven and I really needed them. I love Brenna and Adam so very much.
* for J's email and that he is well. This is such a great blessing. Lord God...where do I even BEGIN to thank you for J? You know my heart, God...I leave this divorce with you.
* that I can sit cross legged and sleep on my side. For such a long time I couldnt do either and it nearly drove me mad. Thank you so much.
* thank you for the Ambroses and the room they made JUST FOR ME. Woah.
* for Gary. Travelling Gary and his huge brown eyes. He's pretty amazing, Lord God. You did a good job on that guy.
* For Mike. Hmph.
* For P. How anyone could have a voice that makes you feel like his voice makes me feel leaves NO QUESTION that you are God.

I wish I could talk to you, God. I wish I could chatter away to you the way I used to but when I close my eyes...knowing that I've slept with 2 guys in the last few months bothers me enough. Its like approaching a royal throne with dogpoo on your shoe. Cant do it. Cant face you when I know Ive broken your heart so much in the last few months.

Why is 'sinning' so much fun, God? Why does having sex make me feel so much BETTER than being turned away from my husband and doing the 'right' thing?

*sighs sadly*

No matter what, God...Im grateful and I havent forgotten you. How could I? You really are my whole world.

I hope you read this, God. I hope you read this and can know whats between the lines. I hope you can hear my heart in this, God. I hope you can see how scared I am as well.

I picture that even at 33 years of age, I can still crawl into your HUGE lap and bury my head in your holy gown and just feel safe, you know?

I love you, God. Im a tool and Im losing my way a bit just now...but it doesnt change the FACT that YOU ARE.

I know that. I always will.

Goodnight God. See you tomorrow! I cant wait to see what life has in store xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m

and then, we move on...

Sometimes moving on can be so hard. I remember last year when I got "released" from hospital. The fear of leaving that safe trauma ward was awful. I hated thinking "oh God...now I'll be on my own and I still cant walk"...but you know what? we move on. We move on from petty fights with friends, from stupid family things, from broken hearts and crap days and we hope for better things. Im blessed because I'm experiencing those 'better things' right now, actually. Think about it, Im at work (so Im thankful for a job), I have the world's most amazing people as my friends (seriously, all my friends are worth their weight in gold) I have a safe home, lots of food and money... and I have an amazing boyfriend. Alun met up with me yesterday at the Royal on a sunny, warm Perth day. He had something in a huge shopping bag and held it out to me with an excited grin "OMG Janet - open it, you're gonna LOVE it!" and the smile on his face r

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although