Skip to main content

so different

Since the operation, I've just been resting.

I've been doing what I've wanted to do for a very long time - a lot of naps in the day - as many as I want - and long sleeps in the night followed by sleep-ins every morning.

This is wonderful.

Everyone I love in my life is encouraging me to rest. To 'take it easy' and to 'not do too much', especially Alun.

Feels like I've died and gone to heaven, really. This is all I've ever wanted - guilt-free time to rest.

And yet, I can't seem to let go. I can't seem to just enjoy this wonderful time. I'm convinced I'm a burden - especially to Alun - so I'm pushing myself every day to do housework. I'm not resting. I'm stressing. I'm anxious to do things so that I'm "useful" at home.

It. Is. Knackering.

Today was so sunny and bright out that I couldn't help but go out into the world.

So I walked to Maylands - just one train stop up from our home stop of Meltham.

Usually - pre operation Janet - would have smashed such a quick, easy walk out in about 10 minutes. Easy.

Today, it took me 25 very long minutes. I had to stop 3 times along the walk because my head was spinning and I had to wait for my vision to clear. I thought I'd be more physically tired - like I've felt after a good workout at the gym - a good kind of tired from doing something that pushes my body. But I didn't feel any of that today. I mostly noticed a pain in my right leg - as if I was putting all my weight on it and must have been walking on an angle all the way without my knowing? Something like that? And yeah, the head spins. I wasn't tired and I think I could have pushed myself to walk back again...but the dizziness and pain in my leg made me take it easy and catch the train that one stop back again.

It was nice to walk up the hill from the station to our little yellow cottage and know I was home again.

I'm disappointed that I didn't do more and worried about the effect on my body being more like concussion than a good workout. Hmm.

I'm going to try that same walk again tomorrow and every day after that. I'm hoping it will help build up my strength and that each time I try, it will feel easier. Better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

Closing this blog and starting a new one, guys :)

This site is too old! I'm struggling to use it so I've created a brand new blog on "WordPress". here's the new link: https://wordpress.com/view/janetvdepression.wordpress.com So far, it's just a collection of my favourite blogs from THIS site transferred to it's new home...but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding new posts daily I think? Thank you for reading along with me all these years, you mean the world to me. Love you guys xx ps. If the blog link doesn't work, please email me at janethill0505@gmail.com so I don't lose your readership. Big hugs xx

I learnt to cook because my Mom left us

My parents have "been together" for 38 years. And I used "been together" very loosely because in all those years, about 28 of them has been incredibly rocky. My parents have screamed, shouted, threatened and hurt each other more than I thought anyone could. They've constantly split up and gotten back together. Every time they split up, we had to move house and I had to ferry my younger brother between two homes and make it seem like an adventure "Yay!Sleepover at Dad's!" so he could live a basically normal life. On one of their MANY break ups, my parents each got a new partner. Mom went out with this Dutch guy and to this day I don't know his name because I called him "Meathead". He was like a well-meaning ogre who rode a motorbike.  Anyway, when Mom starting "seeing" Meathead, she and I got into a huge fight about how she was never home (she wasn't) and Mom decided to leave us altogether. I was in my late teens so Jay w...