Skip to main content

It's been one year...

Here in Australia, January 26th is "Australia Day". I think we're the only Country in the world that has a day off just to celebrate being the Country that it is. I really like that :)

This Australia day was a good one. An important one, because I travelled by myself to the city to watch the fireworks. I'm so glad I did because they were so beautiful.

Australia day also marks one exact year since my brother has spoken to me.

One.
Exact.
Year.

Because I lost my sh*t on Australia day last year...and Jay has never forgiven me.

I truly believe he'll hold this 'hurt' close to his chest for the rest of our lives. I've seen him do it with others and I can imagine how easily he's finding doing it to me, too.

It hurts me. A lot. But even though my depression and anxiety will make sure I blame myself and beat myself up for what happened - LOGIC overrules it and these are the facts:

I messed up. Pretty bloody badly.
Jay did NOT take it well.
I apologised.
Jay did not accept.
I apologised again.
Jay did not accept.
I apologised again...
and again...
and again...
and Jay went out of his way to be rude and offensive about it.

I eventually stopped saying sorry.
Jay had long since stopped saying anything.

And that's where we're at - a year later.

It bugs me, you guys. I worry about it. I feel really sad about it - my only sibling can't stand the sight of me. We have a saying here in Oz "hates your guts" and I honestly think that's what Jay feels towards me - he literally hates my insides. My guts. My entire being. He hates it.

I've read that saying "I don't hate you, but if you were on fire and I had a glass of water...I'd drink it"

It made me smile when I first read it because it was so clever.

But that's where I'm at with my brother. If I was on fire and he had a glass of water - omg he'd relish every last drop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...