Skip to main content

Just. So. Tired

I look back on all the times I've been depressed and it all starts with the same thing:

Feeling absolutely knackered.

I'm tired, you guys. Right down to my bones.

I'm also very unhappy about nothing and that sucks.

I didn't want to get up this morning. I laid in bed, flat on my back for a good 15 minutes, my stomach aching and my heart breaking (again, for no reason whatsoever), just weighing up whether or not to go into the office. Everything in me just wanted to curl up and stay right where I was - safe and cosy in bed. Just me. Just like that.

Bliss.

But then I remembered Alun had worked a double-shift the night before. 16 hours. He'd come home with a weary smile, kissed me noisily on the cheek (sometimes to be annoying, he licks my face! ugh!) and said something about having a good day. I don't remember because I was falling asleep at the time. I don't know how he works such a long shift then comes home and is so happy. I don't know how he does it day after day. But Alun's alarm went off an hour before mine did this morning - and even though he was tired, he got up and went to work.

...so then I had to go, too.

Grr.

And here I am...with 2 and a half hours to go and I honestly feel like I can't go on. Physically I'm spent. I don't have what it takes to get on with my work. My brain feels foggy. I can't hold a thought still. I think I brushed my teeth twice this morning because I couldn't remember if I'd done it already or not. Maybe more than twice.

Is this how dementia starts?

Oh my word.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

Closing this blog and starting a new one, guys :)

This site is too old! I'm struggling to use it so I've created a brand new blog on "WordPress". here's the new link: https://wordpress.com/view/janetvdepression.wordpress.com So far, it's just a collection of my favourite blogs from THIS site transferred to it's new home...but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding new posts daily I think? Thank you for reading along with me all these years, you mean the world to me. Love you guys xx ps. If the blog link doesn't work, please email me at janethill0505@gmail.com so I don't lose your readership. Big hugs xx