Skip to main content

You're badass

That's what I'd say to my younger self if I could travel back in time - "You're badass, JD"

Makes me laugh - because my younger self probably hasn't heard that word and wouldn't quite know what to do with it.

Uhh...thanks?

Haha.

It seems selfish and conceited but I think this year it's important to compliment myself.

And guess what?

JD - You're badass!

I am.

Because:

I'm resilient AF. I get knocked down so many times...but I get back up. Sometimes I bounce right back up...sometimes yeah, I lay on the ground for a while, trying to figure out what the heck happened to put me there in the first place...but every time...I get back up. And that's something.

I'm a genuinely caring, considerate person. I offer my bus/train seat to the elderly or injured or pregnant without a moment's hesitation. I look out for other people. I chase people down to return whatever they've dropped. I physically take people to places they need to get to in the city rather than give directions (ok...mostly because I can't give directions - but hey, at least I'm not sending them away). I truly, genuinely, with all my heart - love my friends - and I mean...like - really, really LOVE them. My family drive me completely nuts but I love them, too. I really do.

I'm hilarious. I read back over the things I post on facebook and the things I've blogged about in the past and I think to myself "that's actually really funny".

I'm one of the best writers I know. I like that. I feel it's a God-given talent and I'm going to work out how to use it more this year because I love doing it. I guess we naturally love whatever we're good at. Well...that's one of the things I'm good at :) the other is working with children. If I could figure out a way to do both, I think I'd be the happiest girl in the world.

Hmm...children's author???

I had to take time to remind myself I'm not a pile of garbage because my family - mostly my brother - are so good at making me feel like I'm worthless.

I take things to heart so when things happen in my family, I automatically blame myself. When Jay blocks me out and is hurtful to me, I tell myself I fully deserve it. I believe I deserve everything Jay does and says to me.

So sometimes I need to take time out and remind myself I'm not who my brother thinks I am. I'm more.

Jay, I wish you all the happiness in the world. I pray you will always have comfort, safety and blessing.

But this year and from every year onwards, I'm not going to strive to get your approval. In fact, I'm going to do pretty much the opposite and live my life to the fullest regardless of what you think of it. Or of me.

Boom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

Closing this blog and starting a new one, guys :)

This site is too old! I'm struggling to use it so I've created a brand new blog on "WordPress". here's the new link: https://wordpress.com/view/janetvdepression.wordpress.com So far, it's just a collection of my favourite blogs from THIS site transferred to it's new home...but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding new posts daily I think? Thank you for reading along with me all these years, you mean the world to me. Love you guys xx ps. If the blog link doesn't work, please email me at janethill0505@gmail.com so I don't lose your readership. Big hugs xx

The time Aliens were meant to show up

 There I was, sitting on a bus heading around the city. We have free buses that each do a long loop around the city - they're called "Cat" buses for some reason and I love catching them because I can cruise around Perth's prettiest places in air-conditioned comfort.  So good. Anyway. I was on the bus daydreaming away, when a guy in ragged (but clean) clothing came and sat next to me. We rode along in silence for a few moments before he leaned in  and whispered "Aliens are going to come and get me in 3 bus stops from now" Are they?  Wow! That's awesome! (I didn't question this for a second because I still look for care bears in the clouds on every single plane trip I go on). So...I excitedly waited. 2 bus stops went by. One to go. Were they going to beam him up like in an 80's style Sci Fi? Was he going to turn into sparkly particles like people did in Star Trek? Were Aliens going to suspend time and space and while we were all 'frozen' an...