Skip to main content

3 days

The tidal wave of pure rage has passed and now I'm just scared, heartbroken, anxious, worried and feeling discouraged. Deeply discouraged.

What is my life?

I really want to explain what I'm going through. I've thought about it all day - how best I can put it to you so you know what it's like and the best example I can come up with a broken leg.

My depression is like a broken leg.

It is pretty straight forward - my leg is BROKEN and I cannot walk on it.

Only, everyone I encounter doesn't understand as only those who have had a 'broken leg' (depression) in the past knows what it's like and so many people in my life haven't, so they are getting really confused over it.

"If you ran more, it would heal faster"

"Do some regular walking on it"

"Think good thoughts because you'll get better so much quicker - being positive and not having a pity party will make your leg whole again"

They are poking and prodding it "Why do you do this to yourself?" "This happens a lot to you, huh?" "Have you considered NOT breaking your leg?"

No.

For the love of God, stop touching it (suggesting ways I can 'fix' my depression), because you're moving it around, causing me so much more pain and making this 100 times harder for me than it already is.

The only thing that will actually heal this broken leg of mine is to rest and let it fix itself.

That's the thing with depression - I am completely UNABLE TO CONTROL IT.

It is just like a broken bone in that I can only rest, wait and see and hope for the best - that it heals and that I can go on as I did before it broke.

What's killing me and what's hardest for me to deal with is the EXPECTATION from those I love that I CAN HEAL MY LEG and the stress I'm under because I can't seem to explain that I PURELY CANNOT. Not because I'm not trying - but because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE to heal my broken bone - and all I can do is wait.

3 days to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...

Closing this blog and starting a new one, guys :)

This site is too old! I'm struggling to use it so I've created a brand new blog on "WordPress". here's the new link: https://wordpress.com/view/janetvdepression.wordpress.com So far, it's just a collection of my favourite blogs from THIS site transferred to it's new home...but from tomorrow onwards, I'll be adding new posts daily I think? Thank you for reading along with me all these years, you mean the world to me. Love you guys xx ps. If the blog link doesn't work, please email me at janethill0505@gmail.com so I don't lose your readership. Big hugs xx

I learnt to cook because my Mom left us

My parents have "been together" for 38 years. And I used "been together" very loosely because in all those years, about 28 of them has been incredibly rocky. My parents have screamed, shouted, threatened and hurt each other more than I thought anyone could. They've constantly split up and gotten back together. Every time they split up, we had to move house and I had to ferry my younger brother between two homes and make it seem like an adventure "Yay!Sleepover at Dad's!" so he could live a basically normal life. On one of their MANY break ups, my parents each got a new partner. Mom went out with this Dutch guy and to this day I don't know his name because I called him "Meathead". He was like a well-meaning ogre who rode a motorbike.  Anyway, when Mom starting "seeing" Meathead, she and I got into a huge fight about how she was never home (she wasn't) and Mom decided to leave us altogether. I was in my late teens so Jay w...