Skip to main content

Hospital

I was so wound up, so anxious, scared, out-of-control and terrified that last night I actually did consider putting myself in hospital.

My mind keeps imagining situations where I die.

Jumping from a tall building or a high cliff over stormy oceans, making myself fall down flights upon flights of stairs, stabbing myself in a main artery so I bleed out in seconds, overdosing, gassing myself in Alun's beautiful Audi (okay I could never do that to him), getting hit by a train, bus or truck, putting large rocks in my pockets and jumping off a bridge so I drown...again and again, these scenarios were going around and around in my head.

So much so that I thought I would go mad.

So at 10:00pm last night, I googled the Emergency Ward at Royal Perth Hospital.

I could go to Emergency, tell someone I was suicidal - and get effectively 'locked up' to keep myself safe.

Having medical professionals look after me would also ease the burden on Alun.

I looked over at him, fast asleep and snoring away. He had been awake for over 24 hours, not able to rest because he was so worried about me and was finally taken over by sleep. His eyelashes are so long and thick. His chin is so cute. He has lips that stretch like a rich red ribbon across his face - even in his sleep, curled into a gentle smile.

I love this man so much it aches to look at him.

I don't want to be away from him.

I don't want to be 'locked up' in hospital.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...