Skip to main content

Barely there

I'm hanging onto life with my very fingertips.

I feel like my life is the edge of a cliff and the sea is 100 meters below me...and I'm hanging on with my very fingertips, trying not to let go. I'm looking down at the waves crashing below and it's tempting to just let go.

My arms are so tired, guys.

It's easier to just give up.

I tried to fight it for a long, long time...since last August so almost a year ago...and I can't anymore.

I can't.

This depression is going to end me, you guys.

Here's what I'm doing to try to fight it:

I get up out of bed every day. This is extremely hard.

I set myself ONE task every day. Today it was to do the weeding. I only did 20-35 minutes of it but at least I did something.

Today I showered. For someone with depression, that's a pretty big deal. It took everything I had.

I take my anti-depressants every day.

I was going on a walk every day - 30 minutes - but I'm struggling now to leave the house. I'm struggling just to get up, I'll work on leaving the house tomorrow.

I try to feed myself a good meal once a day. I struggle to eat it. That's probably the ONE good thing in this dark hell that I'm experiencing right now, I've FINALLY lost my appetite.

I'm seeking out help. I have a psych appointment with a NEW psych (4th attempt. God help me) tomorrow in Northbridge at 1:30pm.

I've tried getting into a Private Hospital Psych ward. They're all full or I don't meet the criteria because they have their own psychs who have 'rooms' in the hospitals for their own patients and those psychs aren't taking on new patients and won't be for another 6-9 months...maybe more because Covid19 has dramatically changed how the Medical system works for everyone nowadays. Especially for people trying to help and support for Mental Health.

On Tuesday (I paid for this and arranged this weeks ago) I'm getting my hair re-straightened as it's too hard to care for myself. If I can relieve myself of ONE job (trying to deal with my afro on the daily) then it's worth it.

Most of all, I'm keeping myself alive. You have NO IDEA how hard this is for me.

It's just so much easier to let go.

But I'm here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10...and then 5 :)

Yeah I can tell Im getting better because even though things are tough right now and Im sad and a bit fed up and weary...I still have hope :) I cant help it, it's who I am. I got an email from "Sandy" today. I really care about her and I look up to her and will probably read her email again when im less tired from a long day and it will make more sense...but for now, what I think she was trying to say to me was to take a bit more ownership of my life and to stop asking God to fix it all...or something like that...and I want you to know, Sandy - Im taking ownership of it and doing it ALL myself...but I believe in God and I believe that he hears me and so Im taking EVERYTHING to Him and just asking for some direction on this. I'll email you personally about about that another day. Thanks for always being there for me. I keep trying and failing and falling, then getting excited about something new and getting back up. Im on a very strange path just now and although...

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m...

10 days

 that's how long it took for my friend...let's call him "Adrian"...to open a letter from me. Adrian's had a rough time of late with 2 of his closest friends dying within months of each other. I wanted to send him some support and encouragement in the post so I picked a card with a load of cartoon acorns on the front. The card read "If I had an acorn for every time I thought of you, other people would say I had too many acorns!" then inside, the card said "And they'd be wrong!" It was so cute, even in the store as I read it, I knew I loved it and wanted to buy it for someone. I wrote about how I'd be there for Adrian any time he needed to talk and that he was loved and not alone. I posted it off with a happy smile and hoped it would bless him. I think it took about a week for the card to reach Adrian...but I didn't hear anything back from him for almost 3 weeks all up...because he was scared to open his card. Adrian's anxiety had...