Skip to main content

the other side

Wow. A lot of blogging from me today.

I guess a part of me knows this will end soon. I won't be here much longer so I'm trying to get out as much as I can before it all stops.

The other side of my blogging is that I need you.

When you text me, message me or maybe even call me to tell me "Hang ON, Janet" "Don't give up" "You mean something to me, please don't leave us yet"

It means the absolute WORLD to me.

When a friend reaches out and messages me: "No need to reply at all, just want you to know I'm thinking of you" or "Hey, just want to remind you I love you" or "You can do this, I believe in you"

They save my life.

And I go through 24 hours a day of wanting to die...so those texts, they are like little sparks of hope in my life that keep me going for another hour.

My friend Christabel doesn't understand it "Why do you need other people to tell you you're awesome"?

I don't know, Christabel. I know there is a lot I could do to change that if I was well mentally, but in the state I'm in...these are lifelines I'm clinging to and this works, so I'm going to run with it as long as I can.

When a friend messages me or says to me "You mean so much to me"

Depression goes down a slight notch. And I can get dressed.

My phone will ping "No need to message back, I know you're struggling Janet - just want you to know I'm here if you need"

then I pick up the mug from the floor and put it in the sink.

Just that.

I am exhausted from it and I probably go to bed and 'recover' from that one small action for hours...but it means that a mug isn't on the floor anymore, right?

It's a step forward.

My best friend Christabel messaged me "You're the strongest person I know" so on that day, I rang ALL the psych hospitals in Perth and followed up on the Doctor referrals I've fought so bloody hard for to see where I'd been moved to on their waiting lists. It's SCARY to make phone calls when you're depressed. It's scary to talk. To 'chase up' on previous calls. It's TERRIFYING to fight for yourself and to FIGHT FOR A ROOM IN A PSYCH WARD but I do it because someone I love believes I can.

My best friend Becci messages me nothing but kindness and love every time "I love you, Janet" "You can do this" "I believe in you" "You are my best friend" so when she messages, I call and make psych appointments. Or I get up and I FORCE MYSELF to get dressed - even if it takes 3 hours - to ATTEND the appointments I've made - no matter how freaking scared I am to leave the house.

When my friends message me "You're amazing" "I believe in you" "You can do this" "We love you" it gives me the strength to dig deep and to keep going.

And believe me, THIS IS SO HARD to do.

So that's the other side of my blogging and excessive Facebooking - when I reach out (AND IT IS SCARY AS FUCK to lay myself bare like that on a public forum) BUT YOU REACH BACK, then amazing things happen.

So keep reaching out to me, please.

Please don't give up on me and I won't give up on me, either.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I learnt to cook because my Mom left us

My parents have "been together" for 38 years. And I used "been together" very loosely because in all those years, about 28 of them has been incredibly rocky. My parents have screamed, shouted, threatened and hurt each other more than I thought anyone could. They've constantly split up and gotten back together. Every time they split up, we had to move house and I had to ferry my younger brother between two homes and make it seem like an adventure "Yay!Sleepover at Dad's!" so he could live a basically normal life. On one of their MANY break ups, my parents each got a new partner. Mom went out with this Dutch guy and to this day I don't know his name because I called him "Meathead". He was like a well-meaning ogre who rode a motorbike.  Anyway, when Mom starting "seeing" Meathead, she and I got into a huge fight about how she was never home (she wasn't) and Mom decided to leave us altogether. I was in my late teens so Jay w

What I find sexy

Just for a change, I thought I'd tell you all the things about a man I find really, really sexy. These are in no particular order: - When he steers a car with the bottom of the palm of his hand - When a guy behind the steering wheel puts his hand on the back of the passenger seat while he reverses. I don't know...it's like he's putting his arm around you while keeping you safe AND reversing a vehicle. THAT IS HOT. - When a guy puts his hand on the small of my back to guide me. Ooft. - Winking. OMG. I love any wink at all; thoughtful winks, cheeky winks, winks that say "I'm right here - go for it"...I love them. SO HOT. - When a guy is great around children. Oh my word. If a guy is holding a baby with care...and smiles...I think my ovaries explode. - When a guy is fixing something around the house - When a guy is fully concentrating on something he's doing - especially if he's using a tool at the time. OH MY WORD. - I love, love, love

best $270.00 I've ever spent, honestly :)

Now that I've written that, I can remember other things I've loved spending HUGE amounts on: * the first time I got my hair chemically straightened :) * when I bought Jon a "year's pass" to the movies - he loved that gift more than anything else I've ever given him * any time I give Mom 'board money' because she's always so grateful and seeing her smile is a blessing anyway *sigh* back to the point... ...today I'm writing to you from a Travelodge Hotel Room. I know...not the most amazing Hotel - but you wouldnt believe how nice my room is. It's a "deluxe suite" and is big, comfortable, pretty and best of all *big smile* it's airconditioned!!! OH YEAH!!! In this horrid, dry and yet super humid Perth heat...being able to sleep to the hum of a working and LOVELY air conditioner is definitely worth the money I've paid. Here's what lead to this: My anxiety began with coming home to find the carpet pulled up, m